- This department plan and design buildings and public facilities projects in the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur.
- This department manages the construction of DBKL’s buildings and public facilities projects.
- This department manages the maintenance of buildings and public facilities owned by the Mayor of Kuala Lumpur.
- To ensure the planning and design of buildings and public facilities projects are carried out in accordance with the practice of professionalism and the clients’ wants and needs and also in compliance with the laws of the authority giving approval.
- To ensure that the implementation of buildings and public facilities projects are conducted efficiently, systematically and professionally.
- To ensure that the aspirations of the government and DBKL are achieved by instilling a culture of caring towards public properties and facilities in order to maintain a city that is beautiful, clean and comfortable for the employees and the city residents through systematic and continous maintenance.