To monitor and improve the health status of the citizens of Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory.
- To improve the health status of individuals.
- To protect and improve the quality of th environment in the Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory.
- To control and improve the quality of food prepared for the masses.
- To prevent and control infectious diseases.
- To improve public health through health promotion and education.
- Monitor and control sanitation and hygiene of food premises and public places.
- Monitor and control the quality of food and drink through the inspection of food, for example: water and law enforcement.
- Monitor and control of industries, trades, and domestic activities that have an impact on the environment.
- Control infectious diseases.
- Monitor and control vector borne diseases and pests through dengue and malaria control and pest control activities.
- Inspect bodies for burial permits and death certificates.
- Carry out health education activities for the public.
- Provide immunization services to food operators and international travellers.
- Provide outpatient treatment for City Hall employees and their families.