- - In line with the Kuala Lumpur Structure Plan 2004, the mission of the Project Implementation and Building Maintenance Department is to assist DBKL to achieve its vision in making Kuala Lumpur a world class city by the year 2020, by carrying out public housing projects, public facilities such as community halls, multipurpose halls, public toilets, community centres, public clinics, cemeteries, crematoriums, libraries, markets, stalls/petty traders centres, sports and recreational facilities, children’s playgrounds, recreational parks and others.
- - Other than that, this department also assist in managing and undertaking maintenance work under the 1 Malaysia Maintenance Fund such as painting, replacing water pipelines, replacing roofs and other maintenance work.
- - This department also gives consultation service and supervision assistance in upgrading office buildings under the Ministry of Federal Territory and Urban Wellbeing including KWP & WP Office at Menara Sri Wilayah and the latest Kampung Baru Authority Office at Wisma ROHAS.
- In order to strengthen the implementation of this project and in line with DBKL’s ICT Strategic Planning, the department has established the Enterprise Content Management System (ECMS) which is a cyber form of information management in all aspects of delivery and document storage such as letters, drawings and reports.
- On 27 September 2012, the deparment carried out a career programme for students of Puteri Wilayah Secondary School as a social obligation to the society (CSR). Other than to foster closer ties between the government servants with the society , the purpose of this program was also to give the students a better understanding in the technical field and make architecture and engineering as their career choice.
- This department has been operating since the year 1976 using its original name Special Projects Department. Since then it has played an important role in the development of the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur especially in developing public housing projects in Cheras, Lembah Pantai, Gombak, Sentul, Setapak Jaya and areas near Town Centre 1.
- After the reorganization of DBKL, from 1989 to 2005 the name of the department was changed to the Architecture and Special Projects Department. This department integrated several disciplines including architecture, land surveying, civil engineering, structural engineering and electrical engineering in implementing their development projects and building maintenance.
- In 1997, the Urban Sustenance and Arts Unit from the Planning and Building Control Department was absorbed into this department and on Jun 2000, the task of JAPK was extended with the taking over of all duties of maintaining DBKL’s buildings including quarters, sports complex, market, DBKL’s Headquarters, the old Panggung DBKL and also the maintenance and use of Merdeka Square.
- Other than carrying out DBKL’s projects, this department is also involved in projects under the Federal and State Government such as Public Housing Projects (PPR), Sports Complexes and Stadiums, Community Centres, Petty Traders Complexes, Markets, Mosques, Surau, Cemeteries, fields and others.
- In 2005, the name Architecture and Special Projects Department was changed to the Architecture Department.
- With the reorganization of DBKL on 15 July 2011, this department was combined with the public housing maintenance division and was named Project Implementation and Public Housing Maintenance Department. In 2012, the Public Housing Maintenance Unit was returned to the Housing Management and Community Development Department and renaming it the Project Implementation and Building Maintenance Department.
- Planning, design, implementation and maintenance of development projects and public facilities is managed systematically, professionally and peacefully through maintenance that is efficient and of quality.
- To build, administer and manage the construction and maintenance of buildings owned by DBKL.