Profil Jabatan Kewangan
The Treasury Department was established in 1956, and its name was changed to the Finance Department in 2003. The function of the Finance Department is to handle the financial management of Kuala Lumpur City Hall that includes the management of tax collection, expenditure and the Kuala Lumpur City Hall Annual Financial Statements.
- Provide financial advice to the Mayor of Kuala Lumpur
- Plan, contorl and manage finances and properties of Kuala Lumpur City Hall.
- Maximize collection of revenue from the financial resources of Kuala Lumpur City Hall.
- Provide current financial information to related consumers.
- Manage property protection for Kuala Lumpur City Hall.
- Pepare a systematic financial system that is in accordance with the applicable acts of financial software, government financial regulations and generally accepted accounting standards.
- Quote the findings of Kuala Lumpur City Hall.
- Provide financial information for all stakeholders.
- Prepare annual budget, focusing on facilities for taxpayers and citizens.
- Operate an efficient and proper payment system.
- Prepare an internal control system to ensure that financial administration is in accordance with the acts and regulations adopted by Kuala Lumpur City Hall
- Manage property protection insurance schemes.
- Become a member of the Implementatin of Special Projects and privatisation under Kuala Lumpur City Hall.