Profil Jabatan Kawalan Bangunan
The Department of Building Control (JKB) performs the building control function in the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur (WPKL) through a delegation of powers by the Mayor of Kuala Lumpur under the Roads, Drainage and Buildings Act 1974 [Act 133], Local Government Act 1976 [Act 171] and Building By- Laws (WPKL) 1985 and the amendments in force.
Building controls include aspects of approval, construction monitoring and enforcement before, during, and after construction. Among the control processes include issuance of building plan approvals, building permits, renovation work permits, temporary building permits, TELCO transmitter structure permits, building demolition work permits, overtime work permits, site monitoring from commencement of construction work until Certificate of Completion and Compliance (CCC) issued by PSP.
In terms of enforcement, JKB has taken physical and legal action against offenses committed under the Drainage and Buildings Act 1974 (Act 133), Local Government Act 1976 (Act 171) and Building By-Laws (WPKL) 1985. In addition, JKB also took action against public complaints, carried out the work of demolishing the unapproved buildings and participating in special operations carried out by the Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL).
Building structure’s strength and integrity in WPKL is monitored by implementing the Periodic Inspection under Section 85A, Drainage and Buildings Act 1974 (Amendment of Act A1286) by issuing notice to the owners of buildings above 5 storeys to submit a Visual / Periodic Inspection Report every 10 years after CF or CCC been issued.
The dilapidated and abandoned buildings are also regulated by the owners for cleaning or repairs and building painting program are coordinated to ensure that all buildings in WPKL are clean and in order.
The organizational structure of the department consists of three main sections:
- Building Control Division
- Building Forensic and Permit Division
- Administration and Quality Management Division
JKB sentiasa berusaha mempertingkatkan sistem penyampaian dan perkhidmatan kepada warga kota dalam usaha menjadikan Kuala Lumpur sebagai bandar raya bertaraf dunia dan bandar raya lestari untuk generasi yang akan datang.
Ensure that building controls in the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur are properly implemented and comply with applicable law / policy requirements.
Melaksanakan kawalan dan penguatkuasaan terhadap bangunan yang akan/ sedang / telah dibina di Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur.
- Mengeluarkan Kelulusan Pelan Bangunan / Kebenaran Mendirikan Bangunan / Permit selaras mengikut keperluan Akta / Undang-undang/ Polisi dan Garis Panduan yang dikuatkuasakan.
- Melaksanakan pemantauan dan kawalan tapak bina dari aspek keselamatan , kesihatan, dan waktu bekerja bagi memastikan kehendak undang-undang dan peraturan dipatuhi.
- Take enforcement action against buildings or structures that are deviant or without permit.
- Monitor and identify non-compliance in construction and take enforcement action against any non-compliance and building occupied / used without CF / CCC.
- Ensure periodic inspections are carried out by owners of buildings exceeding five (5) storeys after ten (10) years CF / CCC is issued.
- Mengenalpasti, memantau dan mengambil tindakan terhadap bangunan using, terbiar dan kotor.
- Issuing telco permit approval in accordance with the requirements of the Act / Law / Policy and Guidelines in force.
- Make recommendation of premises license for those who have complied with Building By- Laws WPKL.