Economic Planning & Development Department Profile
The Economic Planning & Development Department (JPEP) is devided into 3 main unit with their function as stated below :-
- Plan, monitor, coordinate, prepare and distribute the monetary supply for development project.
- Manage, coordinate and maintain DBKL parking on the sidewalk (metered), controlled parking and indoor parking.
- Coordinate and process applications and telecommunication structure implementations in Kuala Lumpur
- Coordinate small project infrastructure development and supply
- Menyelaras pembangunan infrastruktur dan bekalan Projek Kecil.
- Administer and monitor the allocation quota of Bumiputera unit property as well as coordinate the application for Bumiputera unit property release
- Manage matter that related to administration and department finance
- Coordinate acquisition and implementation for privatization project
- The intermediate medium for citizens for any application affairs regarding to "Rumah Mampu Milik Wilayah Persekutuan" (Resdensi Wilayah)
- Process application for housing/commercial unit transfer which have not obtain the strata status
To create an advance world class city of Kuala Lumpur, beautiful and prosperous with its own identity by planning strategies that leads to the provision of infrastructure, socio-economic as well as sosial facilities while improving the quality of life from the socio-cultural and human-friendly environment aspects.
- To coordinate development budget preparation and allocation of financial resources for development projects;
- To coordinate and monitor the implementation of development projects;
- To evaluate progress and achievements of development and privatization projects;
- To identify and research studies on socio-economics; and
- To coordinate actions and feedback with social and political institution, together with government agencies and private companies outside DBKL.