Customers of the Public
- Amend the Valuation List for properties allowed under Section 14 of the Local Government Act of 1976, such as new buildings, additions or renovations, and demolition 4 times every year on January 1st, April 1st, July 1st and October 1st. The Valuation List amendments for new buildings will go into effect 6 months after the release date of the Temporary Certificate of Fitness (TCF), Certificate of Fitness (CF), Certificate of Completion and Compliance (CCF) or Form F.
- Issue a Notice to property owners about Annual Value amendments at least 30 days before the objections hearing date.
- Issue a Objection Hearing Notice Letter to property owners who have submitted in writing, objections towards the Annual Value amendments at least 3 days before the hearing date.
- Issue the results of the tax assessment objections hearing within 21 days of the hearing date.
- Issue the results of the application for exemption or reduction of tax assessment, according to Section 134 and 135 of the Local Government Act of 1976, within 7 working days of the approval date received from the Ministry of Federal Territories.
- Submitting an application for subdivision for the procurement of strata title building on City Hall’s flats which was sold within six months from the date of the title remains in the boundaries of acceptable management body.
- Issue building rental application results, that are managed by the department, within 21 working days from the receipt date of a completed application.
- Explain annual land tax payments for properties owned by the Mayor of Kuala Lumpur before 31st May every year.
- Information on possession of property within 14 working days from the receipt date of a completed application.
- Offer efficient counter service that ensures that customers do not have to wait longer than 15 minutes during normal hours and 30 minutes during peak hours.
- Issue Certificate of Formation of Joint Management Body within 14 working days from the receipt date of a completed application.
- To ensure Joint Management Body establish not later than twelve months from the date of delivery of vacant possession of the parcels to purchasers.
- Inform the Department of Finance that the Valuation List amendments were completed before January 1st, April 1st, July 1st and October 1st of each year.
- Issue separate Annual Values for the purpose of vacancy allowances within 14 working days from the date a completed application is received from the Department of Finance.
- Valuate properties owned by the Mayor of Kuala Lumpur for the purpose of Fire Insurance, rental and sale within 39 working days from the receipt date of a completed application.
- Prepare assessment reports for the purpose of development charges within 7 working days from the receipt date of a completed application.
- Prepare assessment reports for the purpose of reclaiming the lands of the Mayor of Kuala Lumpur within 30 days of the hearing at the Department of Land and Mines, Federal Territory.
- Confirm the status of land within 7 working days from the receipt date of a completed application.
- Manage private building rentals for the departments at City Hall within 21 days of the receipt date of a completed application.
- Submit land applications for the purposes of ownership, reserves or toll within 21 working days from the receipt date of a completed application.
- Extend the list of holdings of which Tax Assessment exemptions or reductions have been granted, according to Section 134 and 135 of the Local Government Act of 1976, to related departments at the City Hall of Kuala Lumpur within 7 working days of the receipt of approval from the Federal Territory Minister.
To ensure that private property in the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur is evaluated for assessment purposes in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government Act 1976, manage the property of the Mayor of Kuala Lumpur and provide real estate valuation advisory services to internal City Hall departments efficiently and effectively.
- Assessment on private property in the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur.
- Evaluate the contribution rate from the Federal Government-owned, State Government owned and Statutory Bodies' property.
- To assess the market value, the value of compensation, rent, lease, insurance value and feasibility studies for properties owned by Kuala Lumpur City Hall or the proposed purchased / rented / reclaimed by Kuala Lumpur City Hall.
- To assess the development charge according to demand from the Department of Planning & Building Control Kuala Lumpur City Hall.
- Manage the land applications, land rental and tax payments annually for land owned by Kuala Lumpur City Hall.
- Manage and maintain office buildings, factories, apartments and condominiums owned by Kuala Lumpur City Hall.
- Manage strata title applications for public housing owned by Kuala Lumpur City Hall.
|1.||COUNTER SERVICES AT THE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT & VALUATION DEPARTLENT, KUALA LUMPUR CITY HALL|
This counter provides city dwellers with the facility to make payments, such as property tax, fines, rental of Kuala Lumpur City Hall Properties as well as other related payments.
This counter also provides search services for application information and updates for property ownership and change of mailing address for billing rates.
Every search process will incur a charge of RM40.00
|2.||BUILDING MANAGEMENT DIVISON|
|Building Management Division in the Department of Valuation & Property Management provides houses / shops / offices for rent that are properties under the supervision of the division. This division also maintains and ensures that the units are in good conditions.
Payment of rental and utilities deposits must be made before the premise keys are handed over to the tenant.
There must be a valid tenancy agreement between the tenant and Kuala Lumpur City Hall.
Tenants must complete a rental application form.
|3.||COMMISSIONER OF BUILDINGS DIVISIONS (COB)|
Commissioner of Buildings Division under the Property Management and Valuation Department carries out its duties as the Commissioner of Buildings of Kuala Lumpur as provided under the Building and Common Property (Maintenance & Management) Act 2007 (Act663).
Act 663 was drafted to ensure the maintenance and management of all types of stratified buildings is well managed and regulated by the Commissioner of Buildings in accordance with the provisions of the Building and Common Property (Maintenance & Management) Act 2007 (Act 663) and Part 6 & 7 of the Strata Titles Act 1985.
Commisioner of Building Division also provides search services for the purpose of data application regarding the management of stratified buildings. Seacrh fees for every search based on the number of data requested which is tabled as follows :
Any enquiries and complaints can be addressed to:
COMMISSIONER OF BUILDINGS (COB)
MONITORING & ENFORCEMENT DIVISION
COMPLAINT AND MANAGEMENT DIVISION
The Property Management & Valuation Department was established in 1958 and was then known as the Urban Valuation Office.
In 1975, the department was given a new name; the Property Management & Valuation Department Kuala Lumpur City Hall which was in line with the functions of the department.
The main functions of the department are to make tax valuations on a total of 478,449 pieces of private property in the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur which contributed an income of RM 398,607,492.98 million for the first half of 2012.
This department is headed by a Valuation Director JUSA C who is assisted by 1 Deputy Director W54, 2 Deputy Directors W52, 4 Valuation Officers W48 together with 14 Group A Officers. The division has a staff force of 221 personnel as at 2012.
Working together efficiently and productively towards improving Kuala Lumpur City Hall’s taxation assessment revenue.
Providing property valuation services that are efficient, of quality, friendly and accurate.